Wedding Cakes are priced per slice and depend on how many guests you will be expecting for your event. Our pricing starts at $4.50 per slice. Prices increase depending on the complexity of the decorations, extra fillings, etc.
The Cake Stand will deliver and set up your wedding cake with charges based upon the destination ($25-$95). Deliveries outside of Charleston are based on mileage and time.
We rent cake stands for your wedding cake, which are $35 for the event. Another option is to buy one of our white wedding cake boards for $15.
After deciding that The Cake Stand will make your wedding cake, a deposit of $50-100 will be required. A contract will be completed to ensure that your date is kept and that The Cake Stand will have every detail covered for your special day.
Appointments can be made with The Cake Stand for a free tasting/consultation. At the tasting, you will be able to sample most of our cake flavors, icings, and fillings.
All of our regular cake flavors, icings, and fillings are available for the wedding cakes. If you have multiple tiers to your wedding cake, each tier can be a different flavor of cake and filling.
A portfolio of our previously completed wedding cakes will be available for viewing and all of the details of your wedding cake and wedding day can be discussed to determine the best possible options for you. At the tasting, a specific price quote for your cake will be provided so you will know exactly how much it will cost for The Cake Stand to provide your wedding cake.
The Cake Stand attempts to schedule all tasting appointments throughout the week Monday - Thursday, 9AM-4PM. The consultations usually last about 30-45minutes.
If you cannot make it during these days/ times, then a free tasting box can always be picked up when scheduled. The rest of the details and price quote can be provided through e-mail. Pleaes call to find out availability and schedule a pickup time.
We have a small shop and ask that you bring no more than 2-3 additional family and friends to the tasting/consultation.
We suggest to all brides to please come prepared for their tasting/consultation so that we can provide the best price quote and ideas for your specific cake. We have provided some things below to help organize your thoughts and ideas.
Bring any pictures from websites, magazines, etc. Bring any color swatches, fabrics, dress details, and any other items that will help narrow down your ideas for your cake design and theme.
Complete and bring a copy of the questionnaire found below. Many of the questions listed will be questions asked during your consultation. This will help guide the focus for your cake ideas and will help us provide you with the most detailed price quote.
- Your Name
- Wedding Date
- Reception Location
- How many people are you anticipating at your wedding/reception? (approx.)
- Do you want to rent a cake stand from us? (Most of the cake stands that you see in our photo gallery are ours to rent out to our clients)
- Is it going to be an outdoor or indoor reception?
- Are you going to have a sit down dinner or buffet style? (If it will be a sit down dinner every guest will be getting a slice of cake served to them? If it is buffet style, most likely not everyone will eat a slice of cake)
- Will you be keeping the top of the cake as tradition for your one year anniversary?
- What cake flavors are you interested in? (You can do a different cake flavor for each tier that you have.) These can be found on the Products and Pricing page.
- What flavor/type of icing are you interested in? These can be found on the Products and Pricing page. (Italian Meringue is the only icing used for the outside of the cake! The other icings may be used as fillings to get your desired taste.)
- What fillings are you interested in?
- Raspberry, Strawberry, Lemon Curd, Ganache, Mousse, etc.
- What style/shape cake are you looking for?
- Round, Square, Octagon, Centered, Off Center
- Would you like flowers, ribbon, any certain design? (Look through magazines, websites, etc to get ideas)